Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nerolie Makes herself an "Our favourite Top"

As a full time working mum with an attached toddler while at home, making myself something is often difficult.
Over the past few weekends I have been able to steal a bit of time here and there to make myself a top. I have previously made one for my daughter and wanted to make myself one.
The first weekend I went shopping for fabric. Found a gorgeous black stretch jersey with silver print, and a teal blue stretch jersey fabric.
The next weekend, I printed the pattern and taped it all together. I also bought some cardboard so I can trace out the pattern and use it again and again. I put it onto my folded (pre-washed) material and traced it with chalk.

Going by my experience making the toddler top, I took the pattern off and extended the arm length by about 10 cm and widened it by 2(ish). I was a bit haphazard and just drew a longer wider arm and then put the one front cut fabric over the top of the other back outline and traced the arm.


Toddler wakes from nap and sew time is over.
This weekend my lovely husband took my daughter for an hour so I could start sewing my pieces together. Thankfully I had no machine issues an was able to get the shoulder seams and side seams done.
Next stop... Hems!

No comments:

Post a Comment