Monday, May 6, 2013

Nerolie makes a start!

My lovely sister gave me a sewing class for christmas, so I booked in with Tessuti Surry Hills for a date in April. They are super popular so book out months in advance.
Very nervous as although I had sewn a few things in my time (nappies, quilts) I knew I needed a solid base knowledge to further develop my skills.
The class was fantastic. We learnt things like seams, french seams, installing a regular zipper, darts, gathering and zig zagging the edges if you do not have an overlocker.
I went away totally inspired!
The following weekend I took my toddler off to Lincraft to find some material to make the Tessuti our fave top. There are a lot of blogs on this top. My favourite being the one with the instructions for a kid version.
I scaled down the pattern so I was printing two pdf pages onto one page. Cut it out while my she slept and sewed it too.
I had a blast with this top although next time I would make the arms a little bit looser and the top a little bit tighter as it is still a little big for my girl. Will make one for myself next!
Pics to come next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment